I have looked for a reason or solution to this problem but can't seem to find
one anywhere.

We are running sqlite in a cross-platform environment (Windows, Linux and an
embedded system). This error appears across the board.

We are implementing our first set of virtual tables. After xCreate is called
successfully, we test the table by running a "select *" query. Our trace shows
that we enter our xBestIndex method, see that both nConstraints and nOrderBy
are zero, so we return without modifying any of the structures. And then comes
the segmentation fault in the sqliote3DbFree call within the vtabBestIndex
method.

Am I missing something obvious?

V.