From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] on
behalf of Drake Wilson [dr...@begriffli.ch]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 10:07 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] select * on empty virtual table

Quoth Joseph Stockman <joseph_stock...@tripplite.com>, on 2011-04-29 14:50:51
+0000:
> Our trace shows that we enter our xBestIndex method, see that
> both nConstraints and nOrderBy are zero, so we return without
> modifying any of the structures.

So essentially you're returning all undefined values?  That doesn't
seem like a valid thing to do.  Presumably you should set the result
values to indicate "no constraints used, no ordering consumed, an
arbitrary high cost estimate, and an indicator for full-scan access
(that will be recognized by the xFilter method)", no?

   ---> Drake Wilson