We have tried a null pointer, a zero-length static, a dummy static and strings
created on the heap via sqlite3_mprintf.
All cause the same segmentation fault.

V.
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] on
behalf of Drake Wilson [dr...@begriffli.ch]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 10:30 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] select * on empty virtual table

Quoth Joseph Stockman <joseph_stock...@tripplite.com>, on 2011-04-29 15:14:07
+0000:
> My apologies.

No worries.

> We set idxNum to zero, idxStr to NULL, needToFreeIdxStr to zero,
> orderbyConsumed to zero and estimatedCost to 1000.

But that still looks a bit wonky; I don't see anywhere in the virtual
table docs that idxStr is allowed to be NULL rather than a string.  (I
interpret the opaqueness to mean that the string contents are opaque,
not the pointer itself.)  needToFreeIdxStr just distinguishes between
a string on the heap and a presumed-static string for the purposes of
memory ownership.

Does this still fail if you use an empty string or other recognizable
non-NULL sentinel string instead?

   ---> Drake Wilson