On 6 Jun 2011, at 3:38am, Sidney Cadot wrote:

>> And the OP was trying to match values with NULL.
>
> Actually, no, I was asking how SQlite behaves with respect to IEEE-754
> floating point.

But you were using a SQL command to make the match.  Here it one of them:

On 5 Jun 2011, at 3:35pm, Sidney Cadot wrote:

> After some experimenting, it appears that ...
>
> * SELECT 1.0 / 0.0 yields NULL (where I would expect to see Inf)

You executed a SELECT command and got an answer from SQL.  That answer does not
mean

"The result of the calculation '1.0 / 0.0' is the value NULL."

which is what it would mean if you did the maths yourself.  What it means from
SQL is

"The result of '1.0 / 0.0' is unknown or missing."

because you asked SQL, not a maths library.  In this case, it's unknown.
Because SQLite doesn't know how to do that calculation.

Simon.