2011/7/31 Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org>:
> Right.  So if a customer orders one of my products they'll be presented with
> two different costs and pick the one they like.  Great system.

You customers have edit privilegies to you prices?! It's not the
replication problem of cource.

As example the name in your passport can be differ to others
documents. But you passport is valid.
The price in the shop now and tomorrow can be different. And prices in
dirrefent shops are not
equal. Do you going to shops or you frustrated by these conflicts?..
Your applications may be ready
to work with real data. There are a lot of causes of _potential_
conflicts and replication is only one
of these. Replication is aggregation process but is not "silver
bullet" for extracting correct data.

--
Best regards, Alexey Pechnikov.
http://pechnikov.tel/