> I see. Well, SQLite2 is ancient: that ship has sailed and it's not coming
> back.
>
> Did SQLite2 actually implement case-insensitive comparison on accented
> Latin characters? I honestly don't know - by the time I got involved with
> SQLite (in late 2005), SQLite2 was already history, and its original
> documentation doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Maybe someone else could say about the reason that SQLite dropped 8859
encoding.

Probably SQLite 2 had not case insensitive comparison on 8859 because it has
many encodings and locales, but implement it would be ease and simple.

> Version 3 keeps support for 8859?
>
> No, not really. But, again, it won't prevent you from storing 8859-encoded
> strings in the database, and installing a custom collation that understands
> them, if you are so inclined. Personally, I'd seriously consider switching
> to UTF-8.

I doubt it that it would be ease to storing 8859 without string functions
problems. The proper collation would be simple, of course, but probably I
would need to re-implement all string functions too. Am I wrong?

I can use utf8 but for me SQLite won't be lite anymore without a simple
utf8 implementation. Hopefully someone else could have a ready solution for
collation, otherwise I will do my own implementation. It will never be
correct, but it will be enough.

Am I the only user that need a lite implementation of SQLite with case
insensitive?

Thanks.