On 09/11/2011 08:27 PM, Antonio Maniero wrote:
It's very easy to replace the SQLite functions with user-defined ones,
so if someone wants to go the easy way (partial support for just the
common western scripts) it's easy. And already done by many, if you
search the mailing list.

It's exactly what I'm looking for. It could be my mistake but I searched the
list and I couldn't find it. If not asking too much, can you suggest better
terms to use in my search?

I haven't replied earlier because I also didn't found a search term that worked well (although I'm sure I read those mails). So I wanted to find the code I myself did for this (less than 100 lines of commented code), but couldn't find it (at least not in the time a new implementation from scratch would take).

Anyway, I see now that you already found what you needed, and know how easy it is to create custom collations.

Just wanted to add a small warning: the problem with using custom collations is that if you use them in indexes, then all applications that use the same database must also have the same collation for everything to work OK.

Most of the time you don't have to worry about it, but do take that in mind.

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas