On Sep 17, 2011, at 8:43 PM, Mr. Puneet Kishor wrote:

> All this chattering among us doesn't really matter (other than for academic
> purposes).

For the, hmmm, more scholarly inclined on the list, a marginally more readable
ISO spec, ISO/IEC 9075-2:2003:

http://synthesis.ipi.ac.ru/synthesis/student/oodb/essayRef/sqlFoundation

> All that matters is whether or not Richard and co. deem it worth including as
> a capability in factory provided SQLite. While I can't attest to it, there
> are probably instances where SQLite deviates from the so called standard
> ("the problem with standards is there are plenty of them" and all that). For
> me, if Pg does it, the SQLite could do it if those who make SQLite could be
> convinced of its usefulness.
>
> For me, I don't care either way. I am glad Pg has it because I am trying to
> convert MySQL data to Pg. While I am failing to do so painlessly for the most
> part, a few of the (simpler) tables convert fine because both MySQL and Pg
> support multi-line INSERTs.

FWIW, I personally find that specific flavor of multi-rows INSERT rather
esoteric and borderline useless, but each to their own.

I would not mind seeing MERGE tough :))