Nathan, try googling "etilqs" - some interesting (and hopefully helpful)
results. As others (including Richard, Sqlite's creator) have said it's
absolutely not Sqlite's fault that you are having this problem. Nothing inside
Sqlite is causing it, but rather something on your machine that is presumably
using Sqlite to temporarily store data, and not cleaning up after itself.

Chris