Thanks Simon that does it

It does strike me though that there would be some value in making the in app
'.' (dot) commands and the command line options consistent especially as there
has been an increase in the number of both as new versions have come about.
From a programming perspective I suspect it would also be more maintainable as
well

So you get:
         .header [ON|OFF] and -[no]header
But you only get
        .echo [ON|OFF] and -echo so there is no -noecho option

There is a .read but no -read

There is .mode csv and a -csv but  wouldn't it be better to have a -mode csv
(and by implication a -mode tcl where there is not -tcl)

Don't get me wrong this is not a major whinge - I love sqlite and appreciate
the effort of the developers put into maintaining it but as it grows having a
consistent single command set for .commands and options would be a good thing

David M Walker
Data Management & Warehousing
0118 321 5930
dav...@datamgmt.com