Hi Simon,

thanks for the response below.

as for your questions:

1. I am using version 3.3.6 of sqlite.

2. My journal mode is memory

3. I am opening a transaction and then do 50000 inserts before
committing and opening a new transaction

given the above, what are the requirnments (disk-wise) when I produce
database with file size of 64 M ?

cheers

Tal

On 13 Dec 2011, at 8:10pm, Tal Tabakman wrote:

>* I discovered that the problem was not in the index creation but in the*>*
>database creation.*>* *>* it seems that during DB creation, a certain commit
>failed due to Disk*>* quota and after that indexing failed.*
I assume that SQLite did actually return an error for this, and you
just weren't checking the result codes it returned.  If there was an
error because of disk quota and SQLite returned 0 (not an error) for
every call, please post again because this means there's a bug in the
SQLite library and the SQLite team would want to fix it.

>* strangely I don't understand this disk consumption problem I got.*>* *>* a
>question I have, given the fact that I have a 64 M DB with a promary*>* key on
>an integer column (which means that implicit index is being*>* done), what are
>my overall disk requirements, any rule of thumbs here*>* ?*
It depends on

what version of SQLite you're using,
which journaling mode you're using, and
how you are grouping your INSERT commands into transactions.

You might like to watch a utility show you free space on the disk as
you do your INSERT commands.  Also you should know about various
PRAGMAs like

<http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_journal_size_limit>

Simon.