Ah, I see that embedded images don't make it in this group, so the screen shot referred to in my previous message is attached. Regards, Joe

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Incompatible versions of SQLite on same system
From: Joe Winograd <j...@winograd.us>
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Date: Monday, January 16, 2012 13:40:58
Thanks for the response, Michael.

This is a 64-bit W7 machine. The two supposedly conflicting programs are:
c:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Home & Business 2010\32bit\TurboTax.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Connection Manager\HPConnectionManager.exe

TurboTax does not have a copy of <SQLite3.dll> anywhere in its directory structure. Connection Manager does. I had reported earlier that CM didn't, but that was my mistake, probably because I uninstalled it before doing the search for <SQLite3.dll>. I just reinstalled CM and got the same <DBUpdate.exe> dialog as previously reported – and subsequently trimmed. :)

I downloaded the latest <SQLite3.dll> from the link that Richard provided and replaced the copy in <c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Connection Manager>. Running CM fails in the same way as previously reported and running <DBUpdate.exe> (which is in the same directory as the CM executable and the new <SQLite3.dll>) also fails in the same way as previously reported.

I did not copy the new <SQLite3.dll> into <c:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Home & Business 2010\32bit\>, as there is no version to replace. Does it still make sense to copy it into this directory, where <TurboTax.exe> resides?

A couple of other possibly worthy tidbits: (1) I ran a DLL report before and after attempting the CM install. It did not show any <SQLite3.dll> registered. (2) I attempted to register manually (via RegSvr32) the new <SQLite3.dll>. It gives this error dialog:

SQLite3-DLL-regsvr32-error

CM still failed in the same way. Further ideas? Thanks, Joe