> you can go ahead and reinstall HP's Connection Manager

Kevin,
Thanks for the idea, but it will not install. The way this group operates with excessive trimming/snipping, that has long since been removed from this thread (this M.O. makes it very difficult for a member to join a discussion in the middle), but here's what I wrote at the get-go:

I received the following dialog box with the title <dbUpdate.exe>:

Cannot load assembly:
System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.61.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139
The application will now exit.

The supposed "answer" from HP is that you may use use either TurboTax or Connection Manager, but not both! I was hoping the experts in this forum would have a solution to this problem, or at least a better work-around than uninstalling one and reinstalling the other each time I need one of the programs.

One of the really interesting things that came out in this thread (also long since trimmed) is that there is no SQLite DLL of any kind in the TurboTax directory structure and there doesn't seem to be one in any common/shared area that TT would be using (there *is* one in <\Common Files\Apple>, but TT is surely not using that).

Also trimmed from earlier in the thread:

I downloaded the latest <SQLite3.dll> from the link that Richard provided and replaced the copy in <c:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Connection Manager>. Running CM fails in the same way as previously reported and running <DBUpdate.exe> (which is in the same directory as the CM executable and the new <SQLite3.dll>) also fails in the same way as previously reported.

Regards, Joe