On 19 Jan 2012, at 10:37pm, Lou Arnold wrote:

> When you say "amalgamation code" are do you mean source code?

If you're programming in C or any superset of C then yes, you can get a
specially optimised 'amalgamation' version of the source code all in two files
(.c and .h) from

<http://www.sqlite.org/download.html>

and just compile it into your project.  This lets you pick whatever compilation
targets and options you want.

>  And if so
> then I should compile SQLite?

SQLite isn't a stand-alone thing.  It's just a set of C functions.  You can't
compile it on its own because it has no 'main' function.  But you can compile
its source along with your program's source.  And the whole thing is so tiny it
won't add much weight to your code.

> Are the pre-compiled binaries not suitable?
> If I were using Visual Studio, then a few DLLs would all that's needed.
> SharpDevelop uses these DLLs just as they are.

If the DLLs on that page do what you want, by all means use them.  But be aware
of Windows' stupid implementation of DLLs which mean that if you're running
anything else on your computer that uses a SQLite DLL you can't trust which
version of SQLite it'll end up using.  Plenty of discussion of this in the
archives of this group.

Simon.