Thanks Mario. I did think about stripping the indexes to cut down the
size. Recreating them on-device wouldn't be difficult (just
time-consuming) but offset against the smaller download it's possibly
worth it... although if I'm into partial on-device db creation then I
should really do some timing to see whether importing the whole .dump
file on the device is really that bad. Anyway, cheers for the advice.