in a database called 'db' I created a table named 'friend' that looks like
this:

string create_table( "CREATE TABLE friend (name TEXT, address TEXT, age
INT)");

I entered some values in that table and now I would like to extract the
values from that table. Shown below is what I have done so far, but I have
hit a wall, I cannot find definitive information as to how to view the
extracted data, if any.

What do I do next to view the data from that table?

TIA

---- snip ----

getData(){

    string sName;

    string sAddress;

    int age = 0;

    string dbdata = "SELECT * FROM friend";

    rc = sqlite3_prepare_v2(

             db,                      /* Database handle */

             dbdata.c_str() ,   /* SQL statement, UTF-8 encoded */

             dbdata.length(),   /* Maximum length of zSql in bytes. */

             &stmt,                    /* OUT: Statement handle */

             NULL                     /* OUT: Pointer to unused portion of
zSql */

         );

rc = sqlite3_step(stmt);

?????

}

A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an
optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.