ZikO <zebik-fwhlretf...@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I then used the conding UTF-8 without BOM and the command was accepted but
> unfortunately I get the strange result:
> sqlite> select * from imiona;
> 1           01/01/2012  Masława    Mieczysława  Mieszka

This looks like correct UTF-8, it's just that the console window doesn't know
about that, and treats it as a string in current OEM codepage (so each byte of
a two-byte sequence is rendered as a separate character).

ł (U+0142, Latin Small Letter L with Stroke) is represented in UTF-8 as two
bytes C5 82, which happen to correspond to characters ┼ é in codepage 852
(Central European OEM codepage), as well as several others.

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ManagementTools

I used SQLite 3 Explorer (http://www.singular.gr/sqlite/) and SQLite Manager
(http://sqlite-manager.googlecode.com/)
--