On 7 Apr 2013, at 6:26pm, f...@cetussoft.com wrote:

>> I think that in general it might be a good idea to update the code to
>> not produce any 64 bit portability warnings, so that we know for sure,
>> that compiling 64 bit does not introduce any 64 bit side effects or possible
>> bugs.
>
> ...as long as doing so does not break 32-bit code...

One of the problems with compiler warnings is that different compilers generate
warnings about different things.  So it's not "Get rid of 64-bit warnings" it's
"Try to get rid of 64--bit warnings in GCC without creating more of them in LCC
and Visual C+, and try to get rid of them with all the different directives
most people use most of the time.".  And it turns out that this is very
difficult:

<http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q17>

Simon.