On Mon, 2013-04-08 at 09:31 +0200, Kees Nuyt wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 08:39:49 +0200, Alexandr N?mec <a.ne...@atlas.cz>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > thanks for your replies, but unfortunately they did not answer
> > my original question whether these warnings are harmless and
> > can be ignored or not. These warnings reported by the VS C++
> > compiler are about "possible loss of data", so it is a
> > situation when a "int64" expression result is assigned to an
> > "int" variable for example. In such cases these warnings are
> > very legitimate. If such an assignment is the real intention
> > of the programmer, an explicit (int) typecast should be added,
> > because it will
> >
> >- tell to the rest of the world, that the programmer knows
> >  what he is doing, ie. he really wants to "truncate" the result,
>
> The programmers know what they are doing.
> As <http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q17> tells, they are harmless if all
> tests scripts succeed. The test scripts are run before every SQLite
> release. SQLite is not released if a test fails. So, the warnings can be
> ignored.

Or, it could be the tests simply don't exercise those possibilities.
I've been in IT far too long to trust that a test suite is "complete".

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com
http://www.infiniteexposure.net

No U.S. troops have ever lost their lives defending our ethanol
reserves.