Hi, guys,

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Keith Medcalf <kmedc...@dessus.com> wrote:

> > permission
> > >
> > > My favorite is from the service manager:
> > >
> > > "The Service could not be started because the file could not be found".
> > >
> > > Wouldn't it be nice to tell me (a) what service or (b) what file and
> (c)
> > where you were looking.
> >
> > In a previous version of Mac OS X sometimes deleting a file worked
> > properly but triggered an error message anyway.  The error message said
> > something like
> >
> > The file "" could not be deleted because the file no longer exists.
> >
> > .  The filename inside the quotes was always blank because it couldn't
> > find out the name because the file no longer existed.  It's really hard
> > explaining to users why it won't tell them what the problem is or what
> > file caused it.
>
> Of course the file name is known -- how else would it know that it no
> longer exists?
> Failing to use the correct variable in the error message is a defect in
> the processing logic.
>
> BTW, the bug you point out is quite common and exists in many operating
> systems (and applications).

This is all good, but...

My question was a little different.
I am developing desktop application  which utilizes SQLite. At some point
in time my customer will want to know what happen when the DB operation
breaks.
How do people prove to their customers that no matter what the software
will either finish gracefully or will not break, crash or anything to that
matter?

So far the guy tested the program and he made sure that working with DB was
OK if everything succeeds. But now I want to let him know that he can setup
the environment and try check what happen if something fails.

How do you achieve something like this?

Thank you.