I have seem filing systems run by Administrative Assistants which are RDBMS
systems.  First they look up title of what you are looking for in the rolodex.
This provides them with the particular cabinet, drawer, and file number where
the data is stored.

R = Relational
D = Data
B = Base
M = Management
S = System

Come to think of it, the card catalog and shelves in a normal library (as in
Dewey Decimal) comprise an RDBMS.