Hello everyone,

        Sincerely hoping this is the appropriate place to post this
        announcement.

        A while ago a client needed some important SMSs retrieved from
        their iPhone that had been deleted, anyhow, long story short,
        I've since created a tool which I now call "Undark" to pull all
        the data it can find in a SQLite3 file and dump it to stdout in
        a CSV type format.

        I looked at several forensics & sleuthing websites during the
        writing process and at this point I couldn't find anything else
        to do the job.  Initially I wrote it so that it was
        specifically structured to look for iPhone iOS6 SMSs, but by
        the time the next revision came around I had made it work with
        all data.

        I'm offering "Undark" to the community under a BSD Revised
        licence.

        "Undark" is only at v0.2 at this time, it's still quite coarse
        around some corners and it does not differentiate between
        deleted and undeleted rows.  It also has a limitation of only
        decoding what it finds within the SQLite page (ie, 4K in most
        cases), if the row extends beyond the page the data won't be
        retrieved ( I am working on this for v0.3 ), finally, it
        doesn't decode or dump BLOB data yet, simply not sure how to
        represent that sanely on a CSV dump.

        Obviously if the DB has been vacuumed then there's simply no
        chance to get it back; but fortunately I've found that a lot of
        them aren't vacuumed.

        Available at - http://pldaniels.com/undark

--
Computer Repairs for Charters towers - http://ctpc.biz