On 28 Nov 2013, at 11:22am, Tristan Van Berkom <trista...@openismus.com> wrote:

> Yes, I definitely agree that on a conceptual level, I should not
> have to consider the pre-optimization of my own query before
> launching it. As a functional language, I should only have to
> describe the query and let SQLite do a better optimization.

While you're concerned about optimization, you might look at your column
definitions.  For instance, you are storing email addresses in a column.  Since
email addresses are not case sensitive you might want to define this column as

COLLATE NOCASE

This will mean that any indexing on this column will ignore case, and any
comparisons of text with text in this column will ignore case by default.  It
can simplify all other SQL statements that refer to that column.

Simon.