> Simon wrote:
>
> Doesn't help. Because the corruption can happen
> if the journal file is moved after the app has crashed.
> And if the app has crashed it doesn't have any of the files
> open and can't monitor them being moved.

D. Richard Hipp's scenario was not about "our" program crashing. It was about
the "other person's" program crashing, leaving a journal file behind that "our"
program cannot find because it tries to look for the journal file at the old
path, causing corruption. Hence, my question about opening the journal file
only once.

> RSmith wrote:
>
> Your previous post simply asked for changes
> without showing any cause to do so.

I can clarify:

My folder

/Users/lwood/Desktop/folder.ext

is a *document* (I have added ".ext" to the name now). My program has a
document format of such folder packages. The database file is inside this
package.

A fact of reality: Documents can be moved by the program's users.

The database should not be corruptible in this case. At most, I should get
errors from SQLite that I can handle gracefully.

This is a normal thing. We are simply driving our car, or at most not stopping
completely at a stop sign - not driving off a cliff.