> Will have to troubleshoot the details of the makefile changes between
> the autoconf version from 3.8.3 to 3.8.4, to see why on this Cygwin
> environment a "sqlite3.exe" wasn't created.  That will be awhile,
> pretty busy at $WORK (not a bad thing.)

Don't know, but in my Cygwin enviroment everything works fine. The
diff's in your first mail indicate the changes in the TEA makefiles,
which were adapted to the latest versions in this commit:
       <http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/b81ba7a4bc>
those are used to build the sqlite3 Tcl extension, apparently
not what you are after. It works fine for me.

Anyway, I just uploaded the SQLite 3.8.4.1 build for Cygwin, it
just depends on the mirrors how fast they pick it up.

Regards,
         Jan Nijtmans