Jan,

Good catch: I was in the tea/ directory, building the DLL for use with
TEA on Cygwin at the outset of this thread.  When I ran my test TCL
script with the 'load libsqlite3.8.4.dll "SQLite3"' line, the dll was
there, but sqlite3.exe wasn't.

So, I started looking over things to see why the sqlite3.exe
executable was missing and found changes in the Makefile from 3.8.3 to
3.8.4.

At that point, I decided to post this message and ask.  Richard Hipp
suggested that I download the amalgamation and run a gcc command  that
he provided.  Thatproduced a sqlite3.exe.  I'd like to track down why
the Makefile changes in 3.8.4 don't produce a sqlite3.exe file when
compiling in the tea/ directory.

Thanks for the new 3.8.4.1 for Cygwin.

Keith