You shouldn't access a SQLite database remotely, except maybe for read only
access, but that could come under fire.  Any network file action can't
guarantee that write locks happen.

If you attempt to access a file in READ-ONLY mode, you'll be greeted with a
1-5 second delay (I don't remember what the delay is right now) per
connection.  If you're using one connection to the DB, then you'll
experience the delay.  If you've got one connection going for the life of
your application, you'll get hit with the first delay, but all subsequent
queries will work.