Hello Mike,
thanks for the very quick response. That's very interesting. It looks
(maybe I am wrong) as if you open a sqlite database file and then in your
program you open a stream and use socat to connect the two together?

I'm not sure if I can use such an approach in my situation.
In my case I can within my workflow open a file using the middleware
open command and get a file descriptor, but then I don't understand how I
can pass that descriptor to sqlite. So, somehow doing something like:
sqlite3_open_v2(filedescriptor, ...) instead of the existing approach of
passing the filename.

But, I'm a bit confused as to how to do that.

hope all is well,
adil