> From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-
> boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Edward Ned Harvey (sqlite)
>
> I would really love to have an easy way of putting a long? into the database,
> and then getting a long? back out.  Maybe it exists and I'm just doing it the
> hard way right now...

I guess what I'm really getting at is this:  The 5 data types in sqlite are
Null, Integer, Real, Text, and Blob.  These all have native counterparts in C#,
specifically:  null, long? (or Nullable<long>), double? (or Nullable<double>),
string, and byte[].

If I have something like a long? or a double?, and I want to natively store it
and retrieve it, I am surprised such a thing doesn't exist.  Instead, I have to
check for null and if so, then store System.DBNull, and when I retrieve it, I
have to check for System.DBNull and if so, then return null...