> From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-
> boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of RSmith
>

> System.DBNull is not a native SQLite construct, it is probably one of the
> third
> party connectors.

In C#, using the System.Data.Sqlite.Core package, which is described as "The
official SQLite database engine" and published by "SQLite Development Team"...
The results of a Select statement are returned as an Object().  If the database
contents were Null, then the result is an instance of System.DBNull() class,
rather than returning null.

If this is not using the API directly, I don't know what is.

> I am not sure which development
> environment you are using, I am guessing some C or scripting

The subject line says C#

> none of which is a standard or used in a wide
> variety of systems - which is why the other poster did not even know what
> you meant with "long?".

The official sqlite C# packages, if only counting the ones distributed by NuGet
(not counting those who download direct from www.sqlite.org or build from
source) has over 425,000 downloads, and is among the most popular packages
deployed.

> Maybe ask the designers of your connector for such functionality?

That's why I came to post here.

I thought, since there is a direct analogous native type in C# for each of the
native storage types in SQLite, there was likely a native way to interoperate
them seamlessly.  It seems I was wrong - but it's ok - the workaround was not
terribly difficult.  I just felt like I was hacking and kludging my way through
something that surely there must be a better way.