On 29 Oct 2014, at 4:13pm, Mike McWhinney <elja...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> "URI=file:mydb.db; default timeout=10; Pooling=True; Max Pool Size=100;";

Can you please change your timeout to 10000 (really, 10000ms == 10 seconds) and
see if this makes the problems go away ?

It may not be necessary to leave the setting like that.  But the information
about whether this does or doesn't solve the problem may tell us what the
problem is.

> One thing is that I have tried a method where I open the database and leave
> it open through out the life
> of the program (open it when I start the program and close on exit). Should I
> perhaps change this so that
> I open the database, perform the query, then close it right away?

One usually keeps the database open for the life of the program, the way you
have it working already.  So lets try other solutions first.

Simon.