My wishlist:

 - what I think is the sessions branch (I haven't looked in a while though)

 - an opaque C type to allow for other internal representations of
SQLite3 types so that user-defined virtual tables and functions can
exchange internal representations of JSON, XML, and so on, delaying
coercion to SQLite3 types as much as possible to avoid unnecessary
parsing and encoding.

The latter I have in mind for a plugin that uses jq
(https://stedolan.github.io/jq) to give SQLite3 even more power than
Postgres 9.4 has for handling JSON, and better than the Postgres
hstore.  I'd put such a thing in the public domain (jq isn't, but it's
BSD-style licensed).

Nico