Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 5:35 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Whish List for 2015

Tony Papadimitriou Sent on Tuesday, December 23, 2014 10:26 AM

Problem 1: Currently, any scripts have to be stored outside the database
in separate files meaning there one-file-holds-everything deal is lost
(and organizing these according to the database they refer also becomes
a bit of an issue), and

Problem 2: Dynamically passing parameters to those scripts is not very
easy without using some kind of external scripting (like Lua, Python,
etc.) which is not likely to exist on someone else's computer, so
transferring just the database file is not enough, as the recipient
also need to install other components besides SQLite3.

FWIW, we just compile the lua interpreter together with sqlite3.

Installing the resulting binary should take care of both of your requirements.

Erik

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.