1. I don’t have the damaged databases here so I cannot run the diagnosis
myself. The databases are usually too large to upload or transfer.

2. The SQLite version I currently use is 3.8.8.1 (complied using the Amalgation
and Visual Studio 2012).
But since not every user always keeps up to day, older versions of SQLite are
also in use, some maybe 3 to 4 four months old.

2. Sorry for being not more specific. With “running analysis” I meant that may
application runs a

PRAGMA integrity_check(100)

after running a wide range of logical checks which checks the data stored in
the database itself.

My diagnosis routine then runs ANALYZE for good measure and because the data in
some of the large tables may change over time a lot.
If an error has been found by integrity_check(), the diagnosis runs a REINDEX
operation because this could save the database sometimes in the past.
As the final step of the diagnosis routine, my application runs a VACUUM to
compress the database (I run the database with auto_vacum=OFF).

3.  The "disk image is malformed" error is often encountered during normal
processing, when one or more SQLite functions return the error e.g. during
adding large amounts of data. Since my application often works in an unattended
mode, it records such errors, logs them into a log file and then informs the
user at the earliest opportunity. I know that an "disk image is malformed" may
go unnoticed for a long time, especially if the user does not run the diagnosis
routines frequently.

3. I have read  https://www.sqlite.org/howtocorrupt.html of course. This is
what I refer to as "rule book of how to damage your SQLite database".

-- Mario