Ladisch
Sent: Donnerstag, 16. April 2015 11:23
To: sqlite-users at mailinglists.sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Problems with pragma journal_mode

Janke, Julian wrote:
> PRAGMA journal_mode=WAL;
>
> Unfortunately, after these lines, the journal mode is not changed.
>
> -DSQLITE_OS_OTHER=1

Do you have mmap support?

<http://www.sqlite.org/wal.html> says:

But <http://www.sqlite.org/wal.html#noshm> says:
| Use of WAL Without Shared-Memory
|
| Beginning in SQLite version 3.7.4, WAL databases can be created, read,
| and written even if shared memory is unavailable as long as the
| locking_mode is set to EXCLUSIVE before the first attempted access. In
| other words, a process can interact with a WAL database without using
| shared memory if that process is guaranteed to be the only process
| accessing the database. This feature allows WAL databases to be
| created, read, and written by legacy VFSes that lack the "version 2"
| shared-memory methods xShmMap, xShmLock, xShmBarrier, and xShmUnmap on
| the sqlite3_io_methods object.

Regards,
Clemens

Firma: Capgemini Deutschland GmbH
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Antonio Schnieder ? Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Dr. Michael
Schulte (Sprecher) ? Jost F?rster ? Dr. Peter Lempp ? Dr. Volkmar Varnhagen

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 98814
the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or
any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.