On 1 Aug 2015, at 3:25pm, Bernardo Sulzbach <mafagafogigante at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> P.S. As Simon noted, it seems to be defined here:
>> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180>
>
>> I was probably referring to the first sentence of chapter 2: "While there
>> are various specifications and implementations for the CSV format"
>
> OK for that document existing and all, but just a quotes:
>
>  "Each field _may or may not_ be enclosed in double quotes"

Read the next sentence of section 2.5, which says

"If fields are not enclosed with double quotes, then
       double quotes may not appear inside the fields."

> So if I want to represent "" I can use either "" or """""".

No.  In addition to the above statement in Section 2.5, Section 2.6 says

"Fields containing line breaks (CRLF), double quotes, and commas
       should be enclosed in double-quotes."