Hi Simon,

Yes, it seems so. Because column width is based on bytes, it may happen that
e.g. a 2-byte character is split in half which produces a non-recognizable or
control character (represented in the terminal as ???).

The solution would be to check the column width based on text length but
respecting file encoding. This may not be trivial, since (AFAIK) sqlite3 is not
informed of the file encoding at import time.

Thanks,
--
adam