>If I have understood correctly, all applications will be able to read
>the sqlite database at the same time, but there will be only one thread
>(one thread of one application) who will write at the same time (in WAL
>mode).

There will be only one *connection* that can write at a time.  This will
correspond to a single process, but not necessarily a single thread within that
process.  Mulithreaded access on a connection must be serialized (or will be
automatically, unless you defeat the automatic thread seialization), but the
transaction applies to the connection and is not linked to the processID or
threadID.

---
Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.  Practice is when
everything works but no one knows why.  Sometimes theory and practice are
combined:  nothing works and no one knows why.