I just wish to note something and display my gratitude (which I hope is
shared by others) towards Richard, Dan and other SQLite devs for all the
great functionality, but specifically CTE's.

The reason I need to say this is that I was one of the people who, when
we first had requests for CTE's on this forum (if anyone fancies
scrolling back), said: "C-T-E - Shmee-Tee-Eee - who would ever need that
for real?" chimed along with others who had statements like "Anything
you can do with CTE you can also do without it" and the like.

Today the inverse is true. What an absolute pleasure to use. Even if the
CTE may not be strictly needed, almost every problem or complex query
can be simplified using a CTE, and easily later factored back (removing
the CTE) if optimization requires it. I find also explaining query
concepts to others via a CTE much easier. I now use CTE's extensively in
MSSQL (thanks to SQLite showing the way) and get annoyed at
MariaDB/MySQL for not having it.

This also makes up amicably for SQLite's lack of script variables. Just
make a CTE table full of presets to use later - problem solved.

A heartfelt Thank-you!
Ryan