On 7/29/15, R.Smith <rsmith at rsweb.co.za> wrote:

> I just wish to ... display my gratitude ... for ... CTE's.

Glad you find them useful.

I'm looking for real-world (open-source) use cases for CTEs.  Please
send me links find any.  I have spotted a few CTEs used in Firefox.
For example, when rearranging the bookmark hierarchy by drag-and-drop
in Firefox, it uses a CTE to verify that you are not trying to make a
bookmark folder into a subfolder of itself.  And, of course, Fossil
uses CTEs (since I wrote them).  But more examples would be
appreciated.

> I now get annoyed at
> MariaDB/MySQL for not having it.

FWIW: I am told that MariaDB will have CTEs soon - within 6 months or so.

--
D. Richard Hipp
drh at sqlite.org