I don?t run pragma quick_check in my application ? and I don?t have any
corrupted database here. I only ever see the log files when my application
reports a damaged application, and there I see the ?disk image malformed? error
message.

The diagnosis routine included in my application and which runs weekly by
default performs logical tests on the data stored in the database, but also
low-level tests like pragma integrity_check to ensure the SQLite database is
physically correct. Either the damage is discovered here (in these cases I dump
the first 100 rows returned by integrity_check into the log file) or during
normal operation, e.g. while opening a database.