>So would it be possible to run that command each time you open the config
>database and after any change to it ?  That would give us a perfect way to
>find out which commands were causing your problems.<

Not really possible. The average update rare is low, but there are times when
hundreds of settings are written, depending on which changes the user makes in
preferences etc. Users can update settings from custom scripts, which may mean
one update per session or hundreds per minute. Running a 5 second integrity
check after each write would bring down performance badly.

I now also run an integrity_check when closing the settings database during
application shut-down and will seek to find a way to notify the user to retain
the log file - in the hope that it contains more info. My users are no IT
folks, just average users, moms & pops. Displaying scary error messages about
damaged databases and asking to send log files will cause a lot of additional
support and probably bad reviews in social media. Database damage is a very
sensitive area.