On 1 May 2015, at 4:58pm, Jean-Marie CUAZ <jm.cuaz at orens.fr> wrote:

> In this application, "PRAGMA quick_check" are processed in a few places as a
> security measure :
> - before processing backup/restore operations.
> - during the process of login into the application.

Answers you've already received are more important, but I'd like to ask whether
that PRAGMA has ever noticed anything wrong for you.  I might use it on a
platform I knew was faulty.  Perhaps a device powered by battery.  But judging
from your post you have a normal reliable multi-purpose computer.  I've seen
SQLite used for many applications more important than payroll without running
an integrity-check for years on end.  Unless you suspect your hardware is
faulty, it's trustworthy.

I can understand checking integrity before, for example, a weekly/monthly
payroll run.  But login might be the worst time to run this.  Had you
considered doing it on logout instead ?  If your users log out more than a
minute before they go home, it doesn't matter how long the window takes to
disappear, they can just background it and concentrate on another window.

Simon.