I want to define user-defined types, i.e. types not SQLite has not
built-in and make sure that I didn't overlook something. Is it correct
that values of user-defined types should be stored as text and have a
collation defined if there is an order relation for the type if the type
cannot be represented as a subset of integer or float?

Example:
Suppose I want to store arbitrary precision integers in SQLite. I would
create a column with text affinity, (uniquely) serialize and deserialize
the integers to text (e.g. by converting them into decimal
representation) and define and declare a collation that deserializes the
texts to arbitrary integers and compares the integers.

Is there another way to define user-defined types despite this method
and virtual tables?

- Matthias-Christian