If I recall, he had a printout of the state at each time unit. The state was
represented as a set of numbers out to 6 decimal points.

He wanted to rerun part of the simulation, so he entered in those super-precise
numbers and let them run, but the model quick diverged because those numbers
just weren't precise enough.