On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Rousselot, Richard A <
Richard.A.Rousselot at centurylink.com> wrote:

> Anyhow, one last question.  If the case statements are evaluating
> something that is not a whole number (or better yet not exactly matching on
> both sides of the equation) .  Why is it that when displaying the results
> of the math sqlite does not produce something like 25.00000000000003 or
> 22.99999999999?  Shouldn't the result have all significant digits showing?
> I guess that is why these results seem misleading.

The output is done by sqlite3.exe, the command line shell, and you'd have
to look at its code to know for sure.
But instead, take control of the formatting, by using printf() from
https://www.sqlite.org/lang_corefunc.html and use a format with more
precision, and you should see the differences I think. --DD