On 7 Sep 2015, at 8:00am, Petr L?z?ovsk? <lazna at volny.cz> wrote:

> Uhgh.... Spent lot of time to made whole scripts bundle to use no tempfiles
> (avoiding I/Os), and not this ;-)
> OK, few more questions:
>
> Does sqlite3 expect exactly one statement per one line on input?
> Or put it into command line? sqlite3.exe %db% "%multiline_statement%" (have
> seriuos doubts about this solution)
> Or this? echo "%multiline_statement%"|sqlite3.exe %db%

I can tell you if this works on the Macintosh version but this may not
necessarily mean it works on the version for your operating system.

If not, create a text file with the commands in then feed it the text file.
The command could look like

        sqlite3 %db% < theCommands.txt

I think the structure you used above ...

Unix/Linux:
        cat theCommands.txt | sqlite3.exe %db%
Windows:
        type theCommands.txt | sqlite3.exe %db%

will also work.

You may find it useful to figure out a way of generating a filename which will
never be repeated.  When I try to do this I usually end up with something which
relates to the current time.

Simon.