Petr,

You are making a number of fundamental mistakes with your security.

1. Security through obscurity is your first mistake. There is no such thing.

2. Assuming that nobody is writing CGI scripts on Windows Servers is your next
mistake. A lot of systems still do this, a lot of old systems still use this
technique and some new ones, The attack vector is not necessarily through your
CGI script itself but through the Windows Web server. Unless you have patched
and patched and patched your web server, you will be attacked.

3. You assume that nobody is interested in your machine. Wrong. A lot of people
are very interested as they can add your hacked server to their bonnet and sell
your resources on. Your machine does not have to be publicised at all. As an
example, I have a private server which I use. It has no DNS entry (a common way
to search for machines), so is only accessible through an IP address which has
never been published. It only has a single ssh port open and port 80 for a
private web server running some software there rest of the machine is locked
down as best I can. The lock down took me a day to do. It is not trivial. My
last weekly report showed over 200,000 attempts to break into the machine via
ssh, http, and various CGI exploits. Thats 200,000 robot attempts, the most
prevalent was an ssh attempt from a single machine which accounted for 72,000
goes. A public web server I have has over 1M hacking attempts per week. This is
for a low usage machine.

I give your machine less than 24 hours once it is live on the internet if you
put it on without taking security seriously. You need to get the OS patched up,
the ports closed down, the web server patched up and correctly configured. Out
of the box the security on a Windows server (depending on the version) is poor.
You need to learn what you need to do (and there are loads of guides on the
internet) otherwise your server will be owned by somebody else very quickly.

To be blunt you have misunderstood computer security, Saying ?trust me? doesn?t
work.

Best of luck,

Rob