> ??I have a need for something that can parse and load into sqlite tables
> fixed length data.

?All the applications I have had experience with in the past (Sqlite Expert,
> Navicat, and some others) require the user to run an application and setup
> the functionality each and every time you used it. They do not give the
> ability to save the import setup into a meaningful parameters file that can
> be edited an rerun from the command line. So these types of applications
> are ruled out. I would think I could do this in some fashion with
> Informatica or like professional product, but at the expense of $$$ and
> ??
> ore $$$$$.?

The open source statistical language R can read fixed width files and write
out SQLite tables.

https://www.r-project.org/

Read a table of *f*ixed *w*idth *f*ormatted data into a data.frame
<https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/base/html/data.frame.html>.
https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/utils/html/read.fwf.html

Write a data frame to a SQLite table
http://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/RSQLite/functions/dbWriteTable
<http://rpackages.ianhowson.com/cran/RSQLite/man/dbWriteTable.html>

This blog post gives an overview of RSQLite
http://sandymuspratt.blogspot.com/2012/11/r-and-sqlite-part-1.html

Full documentation for the RSQLite package
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RSQLite/RSQLite.pdf

BTW, since you are familiar with the Microsoft language C#;
Microsoft has purchased Revolution Analytics and is now
supporting a version of R.
https://mran.revolutionanalytics.com/open/

Jim Callahan
Orlando, FL