> Brass Tilde wrote:
> > I was hoping for some database wide setting (using 3.x).  Is there not
one?

> The default collating sequences is called BINARY.  You can redefine
> BINARY to be the same as NOCASE if you want.  Then when tables use
> the default collating sequence, they will use NOCASE instead of
> BINARY.

I presume that would be accomplished using the same
sqlite3_create_collation() API that I'd use to create an entirely new one?
The wrapper I'm using doesn't appear to expose that API (or I haven't
stumbled across it yet).

What effect does redefining the BINARY sequence have on numeric data in the
tables?

> > I presume using the collate clause is something on the order of:
>
> That is correct.

I suspect I will be using the COLLATE clause.  It's easier for me to have
multiple copies of the creation SQL statement for the different backend
platforms, isolating the "non-standard" SQL statements to that one place,
than it is to have different operations for the different backends (i.e.
"find" works one way for one DB, and another way for another).